HPHPC provides trained speakers on a number of clinical topics related to hospice, palliative care and end-of-life. Our speakers are available to come to your office and train staff.
Inservice topics include:
- Referrals to Hospice Care – learn about the continuum of palliative and hospice care and appropriate referrals
- Pain Management - current information on pain management for hospice patients
- Pain Management in Long-Term Care - practical guidelines for nursing staff on recognizing and assessing pain in residents of long-term care facilities, including the cognitively impaired
- Spirituality and the Terminally-ill Patient and Family - the spiritual needs of the dying patient and their family
- Bereavement - providing support for individuals experiencing the grief process
- Death and Dying - the care needs of dying patients and their families.
- Hospice Care - the philosophy and goals of patient and family care in hospice
- Non-Cancer Diagnosis Referrals - appropriate referral of patients with non-cancer diagnoses
- Advance Healthcare Directives – learn about resources to provide to your patients regarding end-of-life decisions
To schedule a speaker, please call an office near you.