High Peaks Hospice & Palliative Care serves individuals and families living with life-limiting illness, regardless of the diagnosis, age, insurance or ability to pay for care.
The primary focus of the hospice team is to enable each day to be the best it can be for individuals and their families. Our team provides an individual plan of care to address the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of the individual and family.
What does "hospice" care provide? :
• Relieves pain and suffering
• Emphasizes that the patient and family is the unit of care
• Offers compassionate care
• Respects patient goals and desires and encourages participation
• Addresses physical, emotional, spiritual and social issues with its team of professionals
• Builds a network of support to alleviate the burden on the patient and family
• Helps patients with activities of daily living
• Provides education about the disease and changes which may occur
• Teaches the family how best to provide care
• Provides bereavement services for the family
• Does whatever necessary to maintain dignity and provide quality of life for patient and family
Our core services are:
• Medications- Hospice provides medications for relief of symptoms related to terminal diagnosis
• Equipment- Hospice provides all equipment needed to make the patient comfortable such as hospital beds, oxygen, wheel chairs and other necessary medical equipment.
• 24/7 Access to Registered Nurses – Our RN's can be reached any time.
• Social Worker is available for in home counseling with patients and families.
• Bereavement counseling is provided prior to and for 13 months following the passing of loved one. Support and education groups are available for adults and children.
• Spiritual and Pastoral Care is offered to those who desire it.
• Trained volunteers are available for respite and emotional support
• Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides are available as needed to provide personal care.